January 16, 2007

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Wow, it's been awhile since the last time I wrote. Guess I've just been busy on my winter break. Not much on the knitting front - I didn't finish my granny's shawl in time for Christmas - in fact, the only thing I did finish was a pair of Fetching for my sister for her birthday. But, needless to say, I didn't finish them until my drive back to Austin on Sunday. So, I don't have any pictures to show. I ended up modifying the pattern a bit - I cast-on 50 instead of 45 stitches and added some knit rows for length.

Today was supposed to be my first day of classes. But, the weather had other plans - it's snowing! That's right, it's snowing in Austin, Texas! This is my third year at UT and the first time it has ever snowed here. In fact, the last time I saw snow was when it snowed several years ago on Christmas Eve in Houston. I'm amazed by the snow - but, I'm a big wuss so I'm not playing in it because it's too cold out. Besides, I enjoy looking at it from the comfort of my toasty room.

More later.

No comments: